Advertise Pilot
Hello and Welcome to Advertise Pilot!
Flying Your Forum To Success! 13 awesome Services, 1 new and 2 unique! Register now and take advantage of these result changing services!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Advertise Pilot
Hello and Welcome to Advertise Pilot!
Flying Your Forum To Success! 13 awesome Services, 1 new and 2 unique! Register now and take advantage of these result changing services!
Advertise Pilot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood RPG - Review Request

2 posters

Go down

Completed Half Blood RPG - Review Request

Post by Marvin Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Forum Link: http://halfbloodrpg.darkbb.com
Request Type: Full review
Extra Notes: Thanks! Very Happy
Marvin
Marvin
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender Gender : Male
Posts Posts : 232
AP Credits AP Credits : 369
Age Age : 28
Location Location : Philippines
No Awards

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: Half Blood RPG - Review Request

Post by Dumbledore27 Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:03 pm

Sorry for the delay (I have been on vacation), I'll get on it after a few hours (still got many emails to check Razz).

In progress
Dumbledore27
Dumbledore27
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Posts Posts : 243
AP Credits AP Credits : 272
No Awards

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumbledore27 Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:51 am

REVIEW
From Advertise Pilot

Half Blood RPG

Half Blood RPG - Review Request Review12 Congratulations! Your free forum review has been completed. The forum review will hold many tips, suggestions, comments, and feedback that's convenient and voluntary for your forum. Here is your forum review:

Half Blood RPG - Review Request Genera12 Generalities

1. First Impressions (Score: 9/20):
    First thing I saw was the homepage. I really like it. You have nice description at it, and it's interesting because almost whole homepage is image, so people can't steal it. Nice. But when I looked at the forum, I wasn't that happy about it any more. You have quite horrible background image.
    Many people will also check widgets. I think you should get rid of some of them. Here are some I think you should remove: "Forum", "Navigation", "Staff" and maybe "Credits". For those two (Staff and Credits) you could make a topic.
  2. Categories & Forums (Score: 8/10):
    You have 14 forums. Nice. Smile But I (again) don't like Forum-In-Category - you have only one forum in the category. There are three such categories: Mount Olympus (forum: Olympus), The Underworld (forum: The Underworld) and The Mortal World (forum: The World). I see you have used grammar almost everywhere: I could find only one mistake in "The Plot" forum, where you wrote "rp" and not "RP". It's nice that you care about grammar. Wink

Generalities total ::17 /30

Half Blood RPG - Review Request Forums10 Forum Style

1. Major Graphics (Score: 3/10):
    Banner
    Banner itself is nice. Good animation. But it doesn't fit the forum colors. I think you should make it match the colors. 2/5
    Navigation Bar
    Nice navigation bar, though I can see white background (not everywhere) on Home image. This is not very nice... Remove the background.
    This is the Log In image: Half Blood RPG - Review Request Images2_11 Why so much blank at the side? 1/5
  2. Forum Layout & Color Scheme (Score: 8/10):
    Well, I like everything matching the forum color. I just don't like the header, as I already said. And I don't know why is background image blue? Anyway, even though I prefer bright forums, I was impressed by this one - dark one. Smile
  3. Images & Icons (Score: 4/10):
    Hmm... I like the forum icons, though I don't know do they have anything to do with RPG.
    I think you should resize topic icons (new, new - popular, new - locked, no new, no new - popular, no new - locked, sticky and announcement). They look too big for me. I am hundred percent sure you should change the Global Announcement icon. If you wouldn't have any GA-s, then I wouldn's say, but you have two right now. It needs to be changed. I like Who Is Online image.

Forum Style total :: 15/30

Half Blood RPG - Review Request Usergr10 Usergroups

1. Population of Groups (Score: 3/10):
    You have VERY many usergroups! It shows that you're seeing a Role-Play Game forum, because there are no visible Administrators and Moderator groups etc. I cannot say the population of usergroups, because I don't have a reviewing account, and I must be registered and logged in. So I can't say how populated groups are. Wink
  2. Staff Groups / User Groups (Score: 4/10):
    You have extremely interesting names: "Gods", "Satyr", "Centaur", "Monsters", "Titans", "Character Sitters" and "Son of" and name of God. You do not have any staff groups.

Usergroups :: 7/20

Half Blood RPG - Review Request Foruma30 Forum Activity

1. Post/Member Ratio & Quantity (Score: 6/10):
    Our users have posted a total of 1245 messages
    We have 49 registered users
    The newest registered user is WarStopper
    Huh, 1200 messages with 50 members? Sorry, but the number of posts is quite depressing. But it's still fine. You have quite many members on your forum! I like that. Actually, depends on your forum age. May I ask you how old your forum is?
  2. Users Active (Score: 3/10):
    Members connected during last 24 hours : Alex Jones, Alyssa, Apollo, David & Grover, Percy Jackson
    Only 5 members active? Disappointing, but shows why such small number of posts. I would suggest you to make your forum more attractive, and add what people want, so they will be active. Wink And you can also email inactive members (don't forget to give link to your forum Razz) saying that they're inactive.

Forum Activity total :: 9/20
And total points?
48; How sad... You need to work hard on your forum...

Would you like to share your review on your forum, on another forum, or with your friends? Then here you go... grab the code!
Code:
[center][b][size=24][color=orange]R[/color][color=purple]E[/color][color=gray]V[/color][color=pink]I[/color][color=red]E[/color][color=darkred]W[/color][/size]
[size=15][color=green]From[/color] [color=darkorange]Advertise[/color] [color=grassgreen]Pilot[/color][/size][/b]

[color=limegreen][b][font=Trebuchet MS Bold Italic][size=24]Half Blood RPG[/font][/b][/size][/color]
[/center]

[table][tr][td][img]http://i87.servimg.com/u/f87/13/67/77/07/review12.png[/img][/td] [td]Congratulations! Your free forum review has been completed. The forum review will hold many tips, suggestions, comments, and feedback that's convenient and voluntary for your forum. Here is your forum review:[/td][/tr][/table]

[img]http://i87.servimg.com/u/f87/13/67/77/07/genera12.png[/img] [b][color=limegreen][size=19]Generalities[/size][/color][/b]

[list=1]
[*][b]First Impressions (Score: 9/20):[/b]
First thing I saw was the homepage. I really like it. You have nice description at it, and it's interesting because almost whole homepage is image, so people can't steal it. Nice. But when I looked at the forum, I wasn't that happy about it any more. You have quite horrible background image.
Many people will also check widgets. I think you should get rid of some of them. Here are some I think you should remove: "Forum", "Navigation", "Staff" and maybe "Credits". For those two (Staff and Credits) you could make a topic.
[*][b]Categories & Forums (Score: 8/10):[/b]
You have 14 forums. Nice. :) But I (again) don't like Forum-In-Category - you have only one forum in the category. There are three such categories: Mount Olympus (forum: Olympus), The Underworld (forum: The Underworld) and The Mortal World (forum: The World). I see you have used grammar almost everywhere: I could find only one mistake in "The Plot" forum, where you wrote "rp" and not "RP". It's nice that you care about grammar. ;)
[/list]
[color=limegreen]Generalities total ::17 /30[/color]

[img]http://i87.servimg.com/u/f87/13/67/77/07/forums10.png[/img] [b][color=darkred][size=19]Forum Style[/color][/b][/size]

[list=1]
[*][b]Major Graphics (Score: 3/10):[/b]
[size=11][u][b]Banner[/b][/u][/size]
Banner itself is nice. Good animation. But it doesn't fit the forum colors. I think you should make it match the colors. [b]2/5[/b]
[size=11][u][b]Navigation Bar[/b][/u][/size]
Nice navigation bar, though I can see white background (not everywhere) on Home image. This is not very nice... Remove the background.
This is the Log In image: [img]http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt343/_kaichi_/Amoureux/HBRPG/images2_11.png[/img] Why so much blank at the side? [b]1/5[/b]
[*][b]Forum Layout & Color Scheme (Score: 8/10):[/b]
Well, I like everything matching the forum color. I just don't like the header, as I already said. And I don't know why is background image blue? Anyway, even though I prefer bright forums, I was impressed by this one - dark one. :)
[*][b]Images & Icons (Score: 4/10):[/b]
Hmm... I like the forum icons, though I don't know do they have anything to do with RPG.
I think you should resize topic icons (new, new - popular, new - locked, no new, no new - popular, no new - locked, sticky and announcement). They look too big for me. I am hundred percent sure you should change the Global Announcement icon. If you wouldn't have any GA-s, then I wouldn's say, but you have two right now. It needs to be changed. I like Who Is Online image.
[/list]
[color=darkred]Forum Style total :: 15/30[/color]

[img]http://i87.servimg.com/u/f87/13/67/77/07/usergr10.png[/img] [b][color=teal][size=19]Usergroups[/size][/color][/b]

[list=1]
[*][b]Population of Groups (Score: 3/10):[/b]
You have VERY many usergroups! It shows that you're seeing a Role-Play Game forum, because there are no visible Administrators and Moderator groups etc. I cannot say the population of usergroups, because I don't have a reviewing account, and I must be registered and logged in. So I can't say how populated groups are. ;)
[*][b]Staff Groups / User Groups (Score: 4/10):[/b]
You have extremely interesting names: "Gods", "Satyr", "Centaur", "Monsters", "Titans", "Character Sitters" and "Son of" and name of God. You do not have any staff groups.
[/list]
[color=teal]Usergroups :: 7/20[/color]

[img]http://i87.servimg.com/u/f87/13/67/77/07/foruma30.png[/img] [b][color=orange][size=19]Forum Activity[/color][/b][/size]

[list=1]
[*][b]Post/Member Ratio & Quantity (Score: 6/10):[/b]
[quote]Our users have posted a total of 1245 messages
We have 49 registered users
The newest registered user is WarStopper[/quote]
Huh, 1200 messages with 50 members? Sorry, but the number of posts is quite depressing. But it's still fine. You have quite many members on your forum! I like that. Actually, depends on your forum age. May I ask you how old your forum is?
[*][b]Users Active (Score: 3/10):[/b]
[quote]Members connected during last 24 hours : Alex Jones, Alyssa, Apollo, David & Grover, Percy Jackson[/quote]
Only 5 members active? Disappointing, but shows why such small number of posts. I would suggest you to make your forum more attractive, and add what people want, so they will be active. ;) And you can also email inactive members (don't forget to give link to your forum :P) saying that they're inactive.
[/list]
[color=orange]Forum Activity total :: 9/20[/color]
[size=18][b][color=orange]And total points?[/color]
[color=red]48; How sad... You need to work hard on your forum...[/color][/b][/size]

Solved? If no reply will be received in 24 hours, I will lock this topic.
Dumbledore27
Dumbledore27
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Posts Posts : 243
AP Credits AP Credits : 272
No Awards

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Okay Thanks Dumbledore, I'll be having a staff talk in my site XD for forum theme changes Very Happy
Marvin
Marvin
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Posts Posts : 232
AP Credits AP Credits : 369
Age Age : 28
Location Location : Philippines
No Awards

Back to top Go down